There is a travel agency that people have been raving about – the only catch, you don’t know where you are going until the day of. The travel agency “Pack Up + Go” which is known to be a “surprise travel agency.” They explain on their site exactly how this process works.
1. You first answer a few questions about the kind of trip you want to take (including your budget-per-person, ideal date preferences, hobbies, etc.).
2. The agency then books all your accommodations.
3. A week before the trip, you get an email detailing the weather forecast of your mystery destination
4. A few days before the trip, you get an envelope you’re not supposed to open. It’s filled with all the fun things you can do at said mystery location once you actually get there.
5. You show up to your departure location and open the goddamn envelope.
One person who used this service was Kristyn Pomranz from Bravo. Pomranz says “If I were to do it again (and yes, I plan to, and no, this is not a paid advertisement), I would give zero specifications and preferences in order to jack up the mystery level. ‘Cause no matter your ultimate locale, the best part is the element of surprise — not knowing where you’re going, where you’re staying, or what you’re doing.”
Sounds like we know (or don’t!) what we’ll be doing for our next trip.